"Applications" forum?

All Posts
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: "Applications" forum? Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:12 PM
    ----
Should we have an applications forum so people can apply to join the guild on the site rather than in-game?

The reason I haven't done it yet because it seems to me to be against current CLOWN policy.

I'd like to know your views.
Last edited by Adenas on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:12 AM; edited 2 time in total

#2: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Lithic , Location: The Last Bastion of Human Sanity Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 01:04 PM
    ----
My vote is yes, and think I must have missed how it's against the current CLOWN policy? Infact back in the day when I joined it was more or less required to apply through the site or atleast post a message there as well if you applied through the game. The thing might be that there would be one applications forum for all games, which could potentially lead to some confusion. As well as to who would moderate it and what not, still think it's a neat idea though...

#3: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 01:17 PM
    ----
Why not, its a great idea. As Lith said, it might be confusing if theres one app forum for all games, but who cares. We're lunie enough to sort it out? or? Razz

#4: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Balisarious , Location: Citrus Heights, Ca 95610 Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 02:08 PM
    ----
Sounds like a good idea

#5: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Torin Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 02:42 PM
    ----
Well, in the old times, people where met in game, and learned there about the guild.
And when they were intressted in joinin the guild, they got told to read about the guild on the clownpage and to leave a message there.

I dont think an applications isnt that much needed, as thoose people could leave messages on the clownhall, as the clownhall got mostend read.

But may in the new times, it changed much (in WoW f.e.) and you need a forum, to get all thoose people, who are applying sorted.

#6: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 05:07 PM
    ----
Lithic wrote:
My vote is yes, and think I must have missed how it's against the current CLOWN policy?

Well it seems to me that in-game mails are the prefered way.

Personally I think it's a reasonably good idea and probably quite easy to administer. Still I think I'll wait for more feedback.

#7: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 05:47 PM
    ----
An application forum is a good thing. Whether people sign up there first or are redirected there after being talked to ingame is of a second nature. If ingame talks/mails are a key part of current and/or future games, just think of the application forum as a forum to present yourself once you have been accepted into the guild.....

An app forum is just another tool (wich we lack atm). How that tool is to be used is another story (and may change over time, or between games)...

#8: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 08:08 AM
    ----
OK so what would it include? The questionnaire we send applicants, plus their details?

#9: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Fezarus , Location: Somewhere small Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:20 AM
    ----
Having worked with the ingame message recruitment method I have to say it sucks.

I prefer the idea of directing new applicants to this site and getting them to fill out a template and post it under an applications forum. Hopefully then they will also have a look around this great site and see what clowns are all about.

#10: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Shorsh , Location: Right behind you! Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:14 PM
    ----
Won't hurt to have it, also for the regular members and wanna-be clowns to sort out, who is new and who is not...

Being a rather recent addition the the guild, I still find it hard to sort out the WoW guild roster and to distinguish between recent additions and alts of hardened members.

#11: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 08:37 AM
    ----
I've added the forum. Will add a template tonight while I'm doing the final tweaks to the system Smile

#12: Re: "Applications" forum? Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:10 AM
    ----
Poll now closed. We have an applications forum Smile

Forum IndexClown Hall
Page 1 of 1